23 February 2016

Weigh-in

156 lbs.

Nice. About a year ago, I was pushing 170 lbs, so I'm happy.

Why does this number matter so much? Well, it really doesn't shouldn't. The number on the scale shouldn't effect how you feel about yourself. I understand the thrill of lower numbers, but I also understand the dread, and self-loathing of higher numbers. It's a tricky line to walk... I feel like if I'm not exercising, and if I'm not eating right, then I stress out about the numbers more. I know I'm not doing anything to remain healthy, so numbers are all I have. But when I'm eating right and going to the gym, the numbers don't matter much to me anymore because I feel better. That's where I'm at now. (Ignore the fact that I'm not at the gym this morning...)

I love my body. I love my curves. I love my skin. And I love my butt! I just want to feel better and get healthier for these reasons:

  1. Loosing 10 more pounds will be better for pregnancy and baby.
  2. No, I'm not pregnant (yet).
  3. I can't afford a new wardrobe. 
  4. Having energy is GREAT. 
  5. When I get that thigh tattoo, I want to be confident enough to show it off all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment