12 June 2013

Ain't nothing but a peanut!

Today at the gym, Peter and I did some deadlifts. Pictured to the left, you basically squat down to pick up some heavy ass weight, and lock out your hips once you're at the top. Now, Peter managed to lift 435 pounds, which, you know, is  impressive. But little, weak and fraile Aimee managed to lift 110 pounds. BOOM, new PR (personal record). 

I managed to do this by getting mean. Getting angry, like that guy from Dodgeball. A girl was in the gym today that used to work with Peter, and who is kinda, well, overly friendly, if you catch my drift. So in order to get pumped and psych myself out, I said, "I'm prettier than she is, pfft, I can lift heavy weight, I hope she's watching!!" And it worked!

3 comments:

  1. Gooo Aimee! :D You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that as "Goo" Aimee. Like, the squishy goo. Like, goo goo ga ga. And I lol'd. Then I realized it was like "Go" and I felt like an idiot.

      Also YOU'RE AWESOME.

      Delete
  2. Yay, you're blogging again. Mad Aimee sounds tough. BAM!

    ReplyDelete