11 June 2013

HIRE ME

Today I applied for my 8th job within the past 2 weeks. I want need a different job. Don't get me wrong, I love working at the chocolate store. Working there means working with Peter, and while some might not like working with their significant other, I quite enjoy it. If only because we get to spend that extra time together, and get paid while doing so.

But really, a part time job working in an outlet mall, infested with tourists and angry single mothers is not what I expected to do with my life after college. I have a BA for crying out loud, and half a masters degree! So, I've been very actively looking for different jobs, either in a library or secretary work. Today is was for an Adult Services Assistant (so official).

Some background information. I work at a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, at the Chicago Premium Outlet Mall. The store is right across the way from a Coach outlet store. Every weekend there is a line of at least 20 people waiting to get in. I stole the picture on the right from FourSquare. As you can see (or maybe you can't see) the Coach store is to the left of Tommy Hilfiger. And I bet that line of people exceeds past the parameter of the photo. Anyway, those people are crazy (stupid), BUT they send their husbands and/or children to buy chocolate while they're in line, so I guess it isn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment