01 January 2014

2013 a year in review

2013 is over, and yet I still find myself trying to date things 2012.

Let's reflect.

January, I was engaged to be married, but miserable.
February, I ended my engagement. Things started to look up. I started seeing Peter, and my cousin Jenna has a beautiful baby boy, Isaac.
March, I ran a St. Patty's day 5K in Naperville.
April, I turned 24 years old, and though it may have seemed fast, I moved in with Peter.
May, Jacqui had the most precious little baby boy. My nephew Chevy Lee.
June, I said goodbye to Chubbs.
July, I got drunk on the 4th of July.
August, Carol Stream Public Library hired me. I ran the Elburn Days 5K. And travelled to Madison for grad school orientation.
September, I started at UW Madison. Gonna finish my masters in my PJs. And I ran my first 10K.
October, Best friend Lizzie got married, and is having a baby girl!
November, I got snapchat and went to my first body building show.
December, I ran the Go Santa Go 5K with John and Sheena downtown. Peter turned 26, and we went to Blue Man Group and spent too much money on fondue. Tanta Gerti turns 90.

Overall, my happiness level has increased 10-fold. I lost 10 pounds, and gained back 13. I lost some friends, gained new family, and rekindled old friendships.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty eventful year, Miss Aimee! I'm really glad you're so much happier, though; that's really a big thing. Hopefully we'll get a chance to catch up and chat soon! And happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! Let's. Happy 2014, I hope this year kicks ass for you and Brad! <3

      Delete