11 January 2014

793.308664

The call number above is connected to the classification of "Gays -- Social Dancing." I'm so very tempted to go look on the shelf and see if we have anything labeled with this number. What kind of book could possibly be assigned this number? I'm thinking it could be books about drag shows... *edit* We have nothing with that call number. In fact, out entire dance section is pitiful. 1/2 a shelf. Why does dance get 1/2 a shelf when quilting gets 4? 
This library is epic.
I work at this library.
I am in love.
#librarynerd

OH BIG NEWS GUYS.
Warrenville Public Library has hired me. I'm going to be a technical services clerk part time for them. Which means... I GET TO LEAVE THE OUTLET MALL. Can you tell how excited I am?I really think I could be head of a technical services department one day. I think I'd excel at that... 2014: year of the Aimee. Tonight, we celebrate with sushi. Starting the 27th, my weeks will look like this:

Monday: WPL 11 am - 3 pm and TAP 5:30-6:30
Tuesday: WPL 11 am - 3 pm
Wednesday: WPL 11 am -3 pm and CSPL 5-9
Thursday: WPL 11 am - 3 pm
Friday: CSPL 8:45 am - 1 pm
2nd and 4th Saturdays: CSPL 8:45 am - 5 pm

That leave a lot of time in the evenings to focus on school and the gym. And since Peter works from 3 pm to 11:30 pm on weeknights, I won't have many distractions. Just Nutella and the dishes. Bad part is I'm basically never going to see Peter except on weekends. I originally told Warrenville I'd like to work 10 am to 2 pm, but I'm hoping to change it to the above schedule. Mainly because Peter and I could at least eat breakfast together. We enjoy each others company too much, it's a disease. 

Nancy is leaving for Reno on Tuesday. I'm going to miss her because I love her face. But she's off to have magical adventures in Nevada, and I'm really excited for her.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Aimee! That's really awesome. :D I hope your new library job is amazing and I'm sure you will kick ass there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You work at TWO libraries now?! THAT'S AWESOME! CONGRATS!!!
    (I'm so jelly)

    ReplyDelete