14 January 2014

3 miles and a Macbook

I ran 3 miles today in 32 minutes and 26 seconds. I think that's pretty good. Little less than 11 minutes per mile.

The past few days I have been running around to Best Buy and the Apple Store trying to figure out what kind of battery my macbook takes. It doesn't charge anymore and if I take it off life support it instantly dies. The computer itself works great, and even the Apple Genius said it was just the battery. So, basically, I'm saying fuck it for these reasons:

  1. Replacement cost through the Apple Store is $129 plus taxes.
  2. Apple Genius refused to tell me what kind of battery was in my computer, and just told me to Google the model. 
  3. Problem is there are still 12-thousand different kinds of batteries. And if I google, "Macbook Pro 15 inch mid 2010" the results I get are all over the place. 
  4. The Amazon reviews are horrendous. The few batteries I did find had 10 1-star reviews to the 3 5-star reviews. 
  5. The only source I trust to buy the battery online is out of stock ($40 for a used one) or really expensive ($159 for a new one). 
  6. I never move or go anywhere with my computer. It's basically a desktop anyway.
So, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I'm switching back to PC after this laptop anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment