02 March 2016

#reactionwednesday: Spanx pt. 2

This past Sunday, Peter and I went to my Uncle's house for brats. It was a full house with long-lost cousins, baby cousins, my brother, his wife, my nephew, my parents, and Omi.

I say long-lost cousins because I haven't seen them in about 9 years. And now that we're all adults with families of our own, we've decided to come back together. Forgive and forget, family is forever.

Anyway, I decided to do my spanx experiment with a group of people I haven't seen in a very long time. Results were interesting.

  1. I got full really quickly, and continued to have a stomach ache until I took the spanx off. I had the same problem on my wedding night. Damn corset...
  2. Both my uncle and Justine (his woman) said I looked taller. Justine also asked if I lost weight.
Attached is the sweater I wore. A very cool sweater, by the way. Only $3! Too bad there is a hole in the armpit after 1 washing... Anyway, do you think I look taller? I thought that was an odd comment... do spanx, in addition to smoothing things out, elongate you as well?! It's a mystery...

I also forgot, I was supposed to do measurements yesterday... and I subsequently forgot to do them this morning. I will attempt to do them tomorrow morning!


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting observations. I actually try not to say, "have you lost weight?" After seemingly a lifetime of people asking me the very same question, I've become immune to it. I feel like it's no different than commenting on the weather or just making small talk. I've been asked that question regardless of whether I had lost, gained or remained the same weight; wearing spanx or letting it all hang out. Lol. I guess I've become cynical in my old age or maybe it's my own self esteem struggles. Who knows? Either way, it was a great night and fun to get together with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I came to get the pills from you, and went to go see Omi, and the first thing she said was, "Have you lost weight?!" I agree with you, it doesn't really mean anything anymore. "Have you lost weight?" is the same as, "So, how about them Jets?!" or "Weather is unusually warm, huh?"

      Delete