20 March 2016

Weekly Round Up

On Sunday's I'm going to start posting a weekly round-up of my gym happenings.

March 14-20, 2016

  • 1 session upper body, 1 session lower body, 1 session whole body; 3 total sessions.
  • 108 upper body strength training reps.
  • 75 lower body strength training reps.
  • Ran 1 mile.
  • Spin class: 60 minutes, 19.6 miles.
  • 48 lunge walks, 24 push-ups, 24 burpees, 48 high knee walks, 48 sit-ups, 48 mountain climbers. 
  • 3.5 hours of teaching tap.
  • At least 1,621 calories were burned. 
Now I can set weekly goals and have someplace to record them. 

In August of 2014, I ran a half marathon with my friend Sheena. We set a goal, signed up together, and finished. By the end of the race, I said to myself that I'll never sign up for another 13.1 miles ever again. And now, here I am, 1.5 years later, contemplating signing up for another one. It's the Madison Mini-Marathon that runs through downtown Madison, WI. It's on August 20th. I want to do it as a graduate school graduation present to myself, as I just finished my degree online via UW Madison this past December. Crazy, right? Let's run 13.1 miles because I got a masters degree! Runner's World has ranked it #14 as the best half-marathon in the U.S., it goes past over 13 landmarks, and it's advertised as well-shaded and right on the lake. It sounds beautiful, and fulfilling. One problem is I really hope to be pregnant by August. Do I sign up still? Peter and I have postponed fun things because we're trying to have a baby, and it hasn't panned out for us just yet. So I don't want to miss out, but I also don't want to run 13.1 miles pregnant. Carol, my friend, suggested signing up, training, and if I do get pregnant, I can just walk it. I have until mid-April to decide, because after that, the price goes up to $85. Next week I'll start running more seriously, and we'll see how I feel after 2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment