19 May 2012

Bacon Cheeseburgers Extravaganza!

I've been really slacking on my weekly Thursday and Friday blog prompts. I feel like such a cheater when I simply change the dates, like I'm not an authentic blogger. So, let's just try again next week.

Last night, Julien and I went out for drinks and dinner with his animation team from work. While everyone enjoyed a beer, I ordered a diet coke. The bar gave me an orange slice on my glass (as opposed to a lemon or lime), and I thought that was pretty interesting. Never seen that before.

One of Julien's coworkers wanted to take us to an authentic burrito place, but when we showed up, they were closed. He was bummed, saying it felt like he got stood up on a date. We ended up going to some rinky-dink diner called Steerburger, and all of us, including the vegetarian, ordered the bacon cheeseburger. The waitress had said it was the hottest item on the menu, so we took her word for it.

And oh boy, the burgers came out, they were at least 3 1/2 inches round. They were juicy. The lettuce was fresh. Apparently the tomatoes were garden-like. The cheese was melty, but not too melty. There was mayo and onion and crispy bacon (not burnt, not slimy, just right), and it was probably the best burger I've ever eaten in my entire life. Everyone else agreed, and we think the vegetarian turned into a carnivore, thanks to the burger. The best part was, it was only $5! Julien and I spent $20 (including the tip) on 2 burgers, a poutine, and a coke. A-may-zing.

And surprisingly, after eating something so terrible for you, I wasn't over my calories. I still had 289 remaining, meaning if I really wanted to feel like a pig, we could have gotten dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment