15 May 2012

New Measurements!

It's the 15th, which means I take new measurements!

Neck: 12 inches (no change)
Waist: 29 inches (-.8 inches)
Hips: 39.5 inches (-1.3 inches)

I'd rather see myself losing inches than losing pounds. While both would be nice, seeing these numbers feels better.

Yesterday, I figured out my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and my TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure).  So, basically, my TDEE, which is 2330, is how many calories I need daily to maintain my weight. My BMR, which is 1510, is the number of calories I burn if I stay in bed all day. According to the websites I've read and the people I've talked to on MFP, it's best to eat at least your BMR. In order to find out how many calories you should eat to lose weight, subtract 15%-20% from your TDEE. Thusly, my new calorie goal is 1864, daily.

I bet that was confusing. Here are a few links I used to figure all this out:

BMR Calculator
Fat2Fit
Scooby's Workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment