14 May 2012

I... was... running!

Yesterday I had a great victory within myself when it came to my run. Since it was hot outside (nearly 80 degrees F), I decided to run in shorts. Now, I've never been comfortable in shorts. In high school and most of college I never wore them. I thought my legs were fat and jiggled and they had so many imperfections, I couldn't let anyone see them.

I'm starting to get out of that funk. Yesterday I donned my best pair of athletic shorts, and went for a nice run in Old Montreal, near the water. This part of Montreal is filled with cobblestones, horse and carriage rides, and best of all, tourists. SO MANY TOURISTS.

And you know what? I ran past those tourists in my short shorts gleaming with pride. I didn't care that they were riding up, or that my thighs were burning. I was proud to be running, and proud to be comfortable with myself, so that I didn't care what people thought. I never thought I'd get to this stage. I never thought I'd enjoy running so much. It's strange, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment