02 May 2012

realization

Hello. My name is Aimee, and my weight doesn't matter much to me anymore.

I've been getting really frustrated with myself lately because I've been working out, eating better, but not seeing any improvements on the scale. None. I've thought to myself, If nothing is changing, why bother? I've thought that many times...

But, you know what? I think I'm in one of those bodies where it just needs toning. And I think that's why I haven't seen any changes on the scale. You know how, when you first begin a weight loss journey, you lose quicker than towards the end? For example, with me. I lost the bulk of my weight in middle school, and have been sitting where I am now (basically) for 8+ years. And it's only now that I'm really wanting to tone up and get firm. Muscles and what-not.

Now that I realize I'm at that stage, the scale shouldn't doesn't matter to me. Instead, I'll just be taking measurements every 15th of the month.

Today I ran/walked aimlessly for a good 45 minutes or so. It's been a very stressful few days, so it felt good to just run. So... you just ran! 

1 comment:

  1. This realization was a fantastic one for me; I've been trying to be Healthy At Every (Any) Size for almost a year now... (reference: http://lindabacon.org/HAESbook/pdf_files/HAES_Manifesto.pdf)

    ReplyDelete