25 April 2012

Post-Birthday

You know what they say, calories don't count on your birthday. I tried to log my food anyway, link to my diary is in the side bar.

The day began with a trip to Van Houtte. There I got a Fruit and Yogurt Parfait and a hot chocolate. Sweet, sweet, hot chocolate.

Between breaky and lunch, one of my friends mom came over to my apartment. I hadn't seen her or her daughter in probably 4 or 5 years, so it was a nice reunion.

Lunch entailed a trip to Brit n' Chips. It's a lovely fish n' chips place in old port that features a hilarious looking fish in a bowler hat. The cool think about this place is you can get flavoured batter. Julien got a maple syrup flavoured one, I don't think mine was very special...

During dinner I got to see many of my McGill friends after not seeing them for a few weeks. We went to this pizza place called Il Focolaio. It was kind of like California Pizza Kitchen, but less trendy, more Italian. They didn't have fancy salads or fancy flavoured teas, but they did have 78 different individual sized pizza options, which was wonderful. During dinner I made my big announcement to my friends. I got all embarrassed and flustered, noticeably red in the face... but all was well. My surprise cake was the one pictured above. Now, that's not an actual picture of my cake, but it basically looked the same, with the same toy. You pull a string and it vibrates, it's pretty kick ass. Julien knows me so well, I love Spongebob. The inside had a layer of chocolate cake, vanilla icing, then vanilla cake. Nom nom, I had a piece for breakfast this morning ;D

All in all, my birthday was really special. Between eating I got to hang out with my dogs, watch Spongebob while mopping (shut up, I like mopping), and Skype with my best friend Sabrina. My parent's present came just on time, as did my Grandma's card. Aside being so far away from my US friends and family, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. I may not have many friends here, but I cherish the ones I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment