08 April 2012

Recipe: Blueberry Muffins

Hoppy Easter! 

(get it, because it's a bunny...)

This fine Easter morning I decided to try out a recipe that has been sitting in the back of my brain, whispering, "try me... make me... I bet I'm delicious...." So, I did. Knowing I had all the ingredients already, I really didn't have a good excuse not to! I made the blueberry muffins from the Snack Girl website. The article is here

So, it's basically some whole wheat flour, granola, frozen blueberries, milk, eggs, and a pinch of cinnamon. No added sugar, no nothing! Bake fo 15-20 minutes in 350 (F) degrees, and BAM. Done. I don't think they're sweet enough for people who are used to eating store bought blueberry muffins, but I think they're delicious! The website which I got the recipe said they're 165 calories for one, but I calculated my own calorie count within My Fitness Pal, and the ones I made are only 131 calories! I think that's an epic win.


No comments:

Post a Comment