23 April 2012

"Shake harder, boy!"

I'm starting to trail off. Not the diet, not about being healthy, about blogging.

I think I'm going to link to my My Fitness Pal diary directly, since it's public, and talk more about other things on this blog.

So here is what happened on Sunday. A pretty good day, only 80 grams over my sugar (lol). When I got back from the gym, Julien and his friend were just leaving to go to Tim Hortons... so I may have asked for a sandwich and an Iced Capp. Julien, though, likes to get me the largest size possible, so my coffee was 470 calories and 62 grams of sugar. Oops. But you know what, I still had 169 remaining calories at the end of the day, so not all is lost, amiright?

Here are some gym stats:

  • Treadmill; 5.14 km; 41 minutes; 528 calories.
  • Abs; 0 lbs; 25 reps, 4 times.
  • Planks; 30 seconds, 2 times.
  • Overall strength training; 16 minutes; 108 calories.
  • Walking Chubbs; 22 minutes; 148 calories.
I'd like to point out, I tried to run the whole 5K without stopping to walk. I think I maybe walked a total of 2 or 2.5 songs (7-10 minutes). I noted my time when I hit 5K on the dot too. 39 minutes and 31 seconds. That's my best time yet! Last Friday I hat 5K at 42 1/2 minutes, so I shaved off 3 minutes in 2 days.

5 kilometers is about 3.11 miles. If you told High School Aimee that she would nearly be running 3.11 miles straight, without walking much, she would have laughed in your face and called you crazy. I'm really proud at my accomplishments, even if they're minor. 

I think because I ran for longer than I'm used to (I usually run and song, walk a song, until I hit 5K), my legs KILL. When I go to the gym today, my cardio will be on the bike, I need to take a day off of running before I sprain something.

In other news, my career path is taking a turn into crazy-land. Can't say much now, but wish me luck. 

2 comments:

  1. How were you training for the 5k? Were you doing like a couch-to-5k deal? Because I've heard wonderful things about that program as a way of ramping up from couch potato to uber jogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about it too! But... I didn't use it, haha. I just started goals for myself for when I went to the gym. I frist hit 5K by running a song, walking a song, until I hit my distance goal.

      I probably should have actually "trained," but honestly? I just took time out of my day and ran.

      Delete