06 March 2012

Polar FT4

Look what I got in the mail today!!

Last week, or something, I ordered a Polar FT4 from Future Shop. This is basically a heart rate monitor and will tell you how many calories burned and what your heart rate was during workouts. It also stores up to 50 past workouts, and you can easily scroll through them seeing how many calories, highest heart rate, average heart rate, and the amount of time you were working out. It also tells you if you're in a fat burning zone (where you'll lose weight) or if you're in the fitness zone (where you'll work your heart and muscles, building your cardiovascular system). It's swanky.

I bought it because...
  • I haven't been losing weight, maybe I'm not in the "fat burning" zone. This HRM will let me know.
  • I don't trust the machines at the gym (for HR and/or calories burnt).
  • I don't trust MFP (for calories burnt).
  • I haven't been writing down my heart rate. I feel like it would be good to know and track.
So I'm excited to try it out! It also came with a chest strap for better readings. But you're only supposed to wear that while physically working out. Not everywhere, all the time. It's also a pretty nice watch, just in general. I mean, I wouldn't wear it with sweaters, but just for lounging, it's nice. I missed wearing watches...

No comments:

Post a Comment